Last year I invited NZ children to write a poem that embraced happiness. This is what Tom wrote. Ah, I just can’t stop reading it. Children’s minds can be free range as well as roving on the beach!
Recipe for Happiness
1. Imagination – let it free.
2. Corn – eat it up.
3. Cheetahs – watch them run.
4. Yellow – let it paint.
5. Science – let it create.
6. Books – read them quiet, read them louder.
7. Exploring – discover and look.
8. Art – colour colour colour.
9. Poetry – be writing.
Tom N Age 11 Year 6 Hoon Hay School/Te Kura Koaka (2019)
I love this! A welcome relief. Thanks for sharing it.
LikeLiked by 1 person