Go here for submission details
The Shanghai Literary Review accepts submissions for web and print on a rolling basis. Our deadline to submit for Issue 4 is June 15, 2018. We only accept submissions via our online submission manager. There is no fee for submitting your work to TSLR.
We are interested in art and criticism about urbanism, globalism, identity, and transnationalism, though by no means should submissions be limited to those topics. We’ll publish a good story about cats in Africa if it floors us. Selected works will be published in print, and with a delay, also online. We strongly urge submitters to check out our TSLR Online section on this site or view back issues of the magazine to get a sense of what we are looking for.
- Fiction – less than 5,000 words
- Poetry – 2 poems submission limit per person
- Nonfiction & Essay – less than 5,000 words
- Flash Fiction or Nonfiction – less than 500 words
- Visual Art – photography, video, photo essay, collage, painting, sketch, etc.
- Translation – translation into English of any poetry, essay or short fiction from Asia, or vice versa, along with the original text
- Book Review – pitch book review ideas to us, on fiction or non-fiction from or about Asia